Monday, October 26, 2009

Umm... WHAT?!

Those are the only words that I could muster after hearing of the robbery that took place at the Main Event at UFC 104 on Saturday. If any of you were watching the fight it was OBVIOUS that Shogun had won a decision and should have been announced as "the new" light-heavyweight champ.. but no! Machida somehow, someway managed to get not only a decision but a unanimous decision! My theory is that it must be because the judges found out that he drinks his own piss and decided to reward him with the victory. That's the most logical explanation I could come up with.. I mean come on! This decision was almost, if not worse than Matt Hamill's split decision loss to Michael Bisping back in the day. When Joe Rogan goes to do his interview after the fight, and immediately asks the winner if he would be open to a rematch, then you know everyone thinks the opponent should have won the fight. The fight went for all five rounds, it was quite an unreal fight, I sure enjoyed it. I enjoyed the way Shogun repeatedly punched Machida in the face, kicked him so many times in the ribs that he will be sore for months, and left him with a bruise that looks to be permanent. Yet he lost? Seriously, did I miss something? Did I miss the part where Machida was beating Shogun and deserved to win? Apparenly. I said before that I was on the fence as to whether I even liked Machida or not. Well, it's settled, I hate him. I know, I know, it's not his fault that the judges gave him the win, but.. the whole situation is still annoying! I'm surprised actually at how well Shogun took it, he seemed very calm from just having the UFC belt ripped from his hands. As Dana White says, "Never leave it in the hands of the judges".,... those incapeable, incompetent hands that clearly have no idea what winning a fight looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment