Sunday, October 11, 2009

$10,000

That's the amount of money in which Pat Quinn was fined after "speaking his mind" on the Iginla-Souray hit on Thursday.  "I don't understand the players of today," Quinn said on Thursday. "If that had happened in the old days he would have got hit over the head with a stick right after. It was a pretty dirty play in my opinion. He poked his feet out and then piled on top of him. Somehow they never deal with that crap and they won't let the vigilante stuff happen to deal with it. It's disappointing." (TSN.ca) Could the NHL be blowing this comment out of proportion? This blogger thinks so.  I believe the reporters happened to catch Quinn at a very vulnerable moment when he made this comment.  His adrenalin was still pumping from the game, his team just lost a nail-biter in the shootout, and one of his key defensive players now has a concussion because of questionable play.  I believe Quinn got caught up in the moment when he said those comments, which also combined with people taking them too seriously.  I didn't take them seriously when I first heard them, if anything I found them kind of funny.  It's not like Quinn said, "One of our guys should have hit him on the head with a stick." He said that that's "what would have happened in the old days."  But, either way, what's done is done. Say goodbye to 10K Quinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment