Saturday, November 14, 2009

Well, That Was A Bummer...

The Pats fell to the Moose Jaw Warriors last night by a final score of 4-3. The Pats let a two goal lead slip away and suddenly found themselves down by 2 in the third. Jordan Eberle replied for the Pats and they were now down one, with a little time left on the clock. The Pats were desperate in the final minute and pulled Ketlo for the extra attacker. Brett Leffler was jaming away at the puck when all of a sudden the crowd went wild and it looked as though Leff's had played hero with a little over thirty seconds left. However, the hopes of overtime came crashing in our faces and amidst all the jumping up and down, screaming and high-fiving between pats fans the goal was called off! Devastating and heart-breaking? Yes! The last thirty seconds ran out and the Pats lost what was an extremely exciting hockey game.

My Random thoughts on the Game:
1. The WHL just invested all of this money into having video replay so why don't they use it? Why wouldn't you take a look, just to be sure, if a goal is at all questionable? That way, the game won't be decided on a "controversial" call, it seems like too many are already decided that way.

2. Was it just me, or were there more turnovers in this game than usual for the Pats. It seemed like an awful lot to me, and the D-men were sending bizarre passes to the forwards and couldn't seem to recieve one either. This wasn't the case for the whole game, the D boys were blocking a lot of shots, but it seemed like they just fell apart for the better part of the third period.

3. Drunk people in the boxes are very annoying. As I was waiting after the game, some random drunken idiot yelled at me from the box to go up there and join him. At first I laughed it off and tried to ignore him, but the notions continued. After the third time of him asking and the 10th time of me trying to say "NO!" nicely, I simply yelled up to him, "YOUR FORTY!" (For those of you who dont know I am only 18 after all, and trust me I look it, coming from the girl that got ID'd at a movie!) Anyway, I thought it was a funny comeback and he left me alone after that and was on to his next victim.

4.Why are sick people coming to hockey games? Is it because it's the perfect place to spread germs? I think so! I understand these people are die-hard pats fans, but I mean come on! Listen to the game then instead of coming, caughing all over the place, not even attempting to cover your mouth might I add! Sharing popcorn-disgusting! and to top it off repeatedly licking your fingers-I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it! So, basically what I'm trying to say is.. do us all a favor and stay home from the game if you're sick! PLEASE!

Anyway, the Pats will be looking to redeam themselves tonight when they play Moose Jaw in the Crushed Can. It should be a tough game once again, but none the less, very exciting! Good Luck Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment