Friday, February 19, 2010

Another UFC, Another Terrible Card

Keeping with their current theme of producing terrible fight cards with declining pay per view buys, this weekends card is another doozy. Some of the fights could be decent at best, but I wont be paying nearly $50 bucks to watch it, I don't like to throw away money.

The main event is Big Nog vs Cain Velasquez. BORING. It could possibly, have the slightest potential to be a good fight, but not bloody likely. The Co-main event is much more intriguing as Bisping will be taking on Wanderlei Silva! Now, during "The Counts" time on the Ultimate Fighter I didn't really mind the kid, now I utterly despise him, and hope that he gets KTFO'd! Is that so wrong?

Let's face it, I have hated Michael ever since he was the winner of that BS decision over Matt Hamill. Everyone always talks about how great he his.. how hes won this that and the other, well you know what?! Maybe if he wasn't given absolute TOMATO CANS to fight I would shut up, but I mean Charles McCarthy.. Come on!! And then, once he actually gets some real opponents in Rashad Evans and Dan Hendersen then what happens? Oh wait, I remember, umm loss, and devastating KO loss. Yeah he's good alright, why don't you just give him a title shot! (Sarcasm!).

The rest of the card is lack-luster at best with 5 out of 7 fights featuring past TUF contestants, and in 2 bouts their actually fighting eachother. I swear, when the UFC is scrapped for fights they just bring on the old TUF casts and hope that people will watch because they will be like
"Hey, that's the guy from that show. He's alright. I'll watch." Well for me, not so much.

Let the countdown begin for March 27th as a real fighter, GSP, will step back into the octagon. Oh wait, his opponent is Dan Hardy.. DAMN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment